Purchasing is one of the key departments within the organization and is responsible for both direct and indirect spend. The Purchasing Manager reports directly to the Director Supply Chain and is part of the Supply Chain Management team. By providing structure, creating a proactive department and realizing extensive in- and external collaboration you are expected to achieve these main goals:
- Create a purchasing and subcontracting strategies
- Create structured make-or-buy decision processes
- Improved procurement processes
- Ensure cost-effective purchase of all materials & services as required by the Materials Requirement Plan
- Reduction of procurement spend
- Develop category management to deliver key category performance indicators, including: Savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, risk management, spend under agreement, joint innovation, supplier performance, frame agreements, etc.
- Develop category management plans by focusing on sourcing optimization and procurement cost control.
- In line with Portfolio Management goals, develops and drives sourcing strategies focused on identifying and contracting with strategic suppliers and subcontractors.
- Finds, selects and negotiates contracts with Suppliers and Subcontractors in line with the company strategy.
- Engages and supports the procurement team and other key stakeholders to qualify strategic suppliers and subcontractors.
- Interfaces with cross-functional stakeholders (operations, finance, etc.) to ensure all category sourcing activities are aligned to a common set of goals and priorities.
- Develops negotiation strategies and executes product cost negotiation plans.
- Direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organizational needs and market conditions.
- Supports the European Marketing team in the establishment of a price resetting process and dynamic pricing model to drive volume and margin by combining the management of product cost with list price setting.
This role requires strong communication, negotiation and leadership skills. It's in your nature to be proactive, positive and enthusiastic. You're continuously seeking collaboration across departments and therefore you are able to 'connect' with all levels and disciplines within the organization.
Besides this, our successful candidate:
- Has strong analytical skills
- 10 years’ experience with (strategic) sourcing and product development
- Has knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems, LEAN principles of planning and MRP/ERP systems (preferably SAP S/4Hana Cloud)
- Has a relevant Bachelor or Master-degree (Nevi 1 and 2 is a pre)
- Is fluent in both English and Dutch, German is a big plus
- Excellent interpersonal, customer orientation and problem solving, can-do attitude
- Multi-tasking experience and flexibility to address (hands-on) immediate priorities and still manage deadlines of longer-term projects and strategic initiatives.
- Ability to quickly gain command of internal business systems; identify patterns and trends within data to assist with product cost analysis that will demand excellent knowledge of research tools e.g.: Excel and Business Intelligence systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Decision maker, set priorities and delegate tasks