This is a new role in this growing company. The Product Manager ensures that the composition and availability of the product portfolio is tailored to market demand. To achieve the goals he converts the mission and vision of the organization into specific packaging solutions.
This is a new role in this growing company.
The Product Manager ensures that the composition and availability of the product portfolio is tailored to market demand. To achieve the goals he converts the mission and vision of the organization into specific packaging solutions.
The Product Manager is part of the Technical Team and supports from a technical and innovative perspective the Commercial Team with regard to existing, changed and new product/market combinations. He is responsible for developing new and improving existing products/systems in the field of packaging solutions.
As project lead the Product Manager drives the product creation process from start till release of each product and ensure timely planning and milestone delivery.
The Product Manager collaborates intensively with team mates, peers and external stakeholders. He defines product strategies for our portfolio in the area of the assigned product groups and owns the product specifications.
The goal of the Product Manager role is to increase revenue, market share and profit by determining product strategy, developing and (in cooperation with the Commercial Team) selling products & services in such a way that seamlessly fits the target group.
Market analyses & business intelligence; stay tuned on all relevant market & product
developments, trends, competitor analyses, relating to packaging business; identify risk and
opportunities for our company based on these insights and initiate actions accordingly
Translate business strategy into product strategy: define & own (standard and customer
specific) product portfolio + product (family) strategy; translate strategy into and execute product roadmap; leads projects related product lifecycle management
Manage the complete product life cycle; from idea, launch, phase in, all the way to phase out
of the product; responsible for compliance of products with relevant guidelines and
regulations; responsible for (availability of) up-to-date product documentation and data sheets; ensure product master data are kept up-to-date in the different systems
Product communication, training & support; manage all aspects of timely, complete and
relevant communication to the business across all functions (e.g. sales, marketing,
operations, purchasing, R&D and inside sales/customer service) on product introductions and
changes. Organise training and provide tools necessary to the commercial organization and
other internal & external stakeholders to maximize the results of the products
Manage distribution; work together with sales and marketing on the right channel strategy for
each product (family). Participate in S&OP process to ensure availability of products to
Follow market developments and visit trade fairs
Keeping price levels under control of products together with purchasing
Set up product groups and monitor trends
Generate and maintain product specifications documents.
Collect, maintain and prepare technical performance of products and product groups together
with the packaging engineers, suppliers, test centers etc.
Communication & Reporting:
- Reports to and frequently consults with the Technical Director
- Consults and coordinates structurally with Engineers, Purchasing and the Commercial Team
Forms of consultation:
- Is a member of the Technical Team
- Initiates and leads theme- and training sessions for colleagues and stakeholders regarding
technology & innovation
- Contributes to a high performing organization by taking responsibility and achieving intended
results in collaboration with colleagues
- Operates decisively, lean and effectively
- Is paying attention to others
- Makes clear agreements with others
- Is honest with others and has trust
- Emphasizes the positive
Collective company competencies:
- Accountability & Ownership
- Customer & service orientation
- Ambition & entrepreneurship
- Result orientation
Additional role-related competencies:
- Commercial skills
- Project management knowledge
- Innovative capacity
- Technical domain knowledge
- Process thinking ability
- HBO+ work and thinking level
- In possession of at least a Bachelor diploma in technical direction
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in the area of packaging industry
- Able to analyse customer needs and tailor the product range accordingly
- English speaking and writing, also prefered Dutch or German
- Excellent workconditions
- Inspiring workenvironment
- Great Team
- New role and give your own touch
© 2022 Libra Recruitment. All rights reserved.