Key software engineer for automated machines. Responsible for the design, development, and documentation associated with the project software systems. This includes the control system electronics hardware, electro-mechanical interfaces, compliance to machine specifications, and compliance to applicable standards. Must be able to solve machine control problems through application of program debugging principles to accomplish technical assignments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, configure, program, test, implement and / or manage PLC control systems and applications.
- Draft, checking and/or revising technical and functional documentation
- Identify, solve/debug and report problems in the field of control and HMI (Human Machine Interface).
- Participate in progress, design and safety consultations
- Knowledge of production processes and automation technology.
- Works as a collaborative software engineering team member to develop design solutions for electromechanical machine control..
- Interacts with vendors, suppliers, end-users, comply with machine requirements and specifications.
- Trouble shooting equipment as required in house and at customer facilities.
- Develop operation manuals and other pertinent documentation.
- Support prototype builds and releases products into production.
- Assists with the design, development, testing and reports for new product development (NPD) projects.
- Participates in design projects, customized products, existing product maintenance, quality improvements, safety consultation and cost reduction.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Controls/Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- 3-5 years of related electrical engineering experience and machine development
- PLC programming experience is a must (PLC systems such as Beckhoff, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron, etc.).
- Knowledge of relevant standards and machine guidelines.
- Knowledge of production processes and automation technology
- Familiarity with design and application of various sensor technologies.
- Self-motivated and innovative, yet an exceptional product development team player.
- Creative spirit that strives for innovation
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of the Dutch or English language (German is an advantage)
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time (international and domestic).