Manage all back office service tasks and supervise their proper execution.
The job is within the After Sales & Service department of Automation. The span of control is to supervise and manage the daily operation of the back office service team.
The Back Office Service Supervisor reports to the After Sales & Service Manager.
- Fully accountable for the proper and timely execution of all back office tasks
- Accountable for providing the hotline support agreed with customers and 3rd party service providers
- Responsible for a working hotline
- Accountable for a professional relationship with 3rd party service providers
- Responsible for having a healthy number of 3rd party service providers in all active regions
- Accountable for a professional training & certification program
- Responsible for providing service reports and indicating potential operational risks
- Accountable for invoicing services not covered by a service contract
- Make sure that all back office service staff works according to the applicable rules and guidelines
- Actively contribute to a professional and profitable service organization
- Set up and maintain procedures, working instructions and check lists for the back office service team
- Daily management of the back office service team
- Work closely together with the Installation & Service Supervisor and be able to act as his/her backup
- Keep the hotline operational 24/7 (physical access, planning, staffing, forwarding calls, etc.)
- Step in to temporarily fulfill the job as Hotline & Service Analyst and as Documentation & Training
- Send invoices, with the help of the appropriate department/colleagues, for all services not covered by a service contract (e.g. training, hotline support outside contractual hours, CM, etc.)
- Actively find and propose 3rd party service providers
- Maintain professional working relationships with the 3rd party providers
- Supervise the certification program and its execution
- Generate service call reports and provide in-depth analyses of the service performance to signal potential operational risk in time
- Receive and process requests form the Installation & Service Supervisor (e.g. service assistance, execution of training, sending invoices, etc.
- HBO in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering; five to eight years related experience in a service back office environment or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Even temperament with customers and coworkers
- Good verbal & written communication skills in English and Dutch/German (additional languages is a pre)
- Able to manage a team
- Well-organized and a professional working ethos
- Above average use of computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Willingness to travel occasionally incl. overnight travel worldwide